I don’t know about y’all, but I’m already preparing for Black Friday… mostly because I’ll be working retail, which is one of my worst nightmares. The mental preparations have already begun.
But, there’s a bright side to the insanity of Black Friday: Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday.
To celebrate #SmallBizSat and #CyberMon this year, I’m planning an epic Spotlight Sunday post called the Writing Dressage Holiday Cheer Project. I’m trying to put together the biggest list I can organize of online small business owners in the horse industry.
If you own an online-based small business and you sell something that caters to horse people, this post is tailor made for you.
No matter what you sell, whether it’s a physical product, a service, or something else entirely, if you’d like to be included in my #SmallBizSat & #CyberMon roundup post, here’s what you need to do:
- Write up a short blurb about your business, around 50-60 words, that describes what you do and what makes your business unique.
- List any coupons or promotions you’ll be running throughout the end of November or during December, if you have any. (Suggestion: If you’d like, use “writingdressage” as your code so you can track how many buyers find you through this post.)
- Include a direct URL to a photo, whether it’s a photo of you, your web site logo, an image of your highest-selling product, etc. Something that shoppers can use to identify you.
- I’ll need a link to your web site, wherever you sell at if it’s separate from your web site (like an Etsy store), and any social media links you’d like to promote.
- You can submit the information through the submissions form at the bottom of this post.
If this is successful this year, I’d love to do it again next year, and this is where you come in. I’m not asking for a fee for your business’s inclusion in the post. I know not everybody can afford that. Instead, all I ask is for you to share this post and try to get as many online equine small businesses in on this as possible so that the whole industry can help support one another.
**NOTE: I’ve put this together with online businesses or businesses with a strong online component in mind. That means if you sell all or a large majority of your products and/or services online, then this roundup post is tailor made for you.
If you’re not sure whether you want to get in on this, here’s a little more information:
- Submissions open today and remain open until Friday, November 18, when they’ll close at 10:00pm EST.
- The blog post will go live Sunday, November 20, meaning it will be up for the whole week before Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday.
- I’ll be tweeting multiple times a day during Thanksgiving week (with automated tweets while I’m at work because let’s be real I’m not Hermione and I don’t have a time turner at my disposal so I can be in two places at once)
- There will also be Pinterest posts, at least one if not more, for you to share
- I’ll be designing an Instagram post for you to download and share with your followers, as well, since I don’t yet have the blog’s IG fully set up
- I’ll also share the post on Google+
- If there’s another social media site you’re active on besides Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Google+ that you’d like to share the post to, let me know and I’ll happily design a post for you to share
- I’ll email you all the social media links and any additional images the day the post goes live so that you can have it all on hand throughout the Christmas shopping season
- Once posted, I’ll be pinning the post to my Start menu on the web site and it’ll be featured on my sidebar and home page
- Oh, and it’s at no cost at all to you. I’m doing this because I genuinely love the horse industry and I want to help you have a freakin’ phenomenal Christmas.
If you’ve got any additional questions, drop them in the comments at the end of this post and I’ll reply as soon as I can. If you’re ready to submit your business for inclusion, fill out the form below.
**NOTE: By giving me your email address, you’re ONLY giving me permission to email you about this post and this post alone. I won’t retain your email address for any purpose at all other than to email you regarding this year’s post and to let you know when I open submissions for next year’s post.
(But, if you do want to join my mailing list, which will give you VIP access to other great opportunities like this, you can sign up here.)